J-Global Digital Learning
Xpat Success – Training for expatriates
Preparing Japanese expatriates for success.
How can Japanese expats gain the mindsets and skills to perform effectively in a global environment?
Once expats leave Japan, they find that business cultures and communication styles are very different. Confusion about how to function in their new environment often causes expats to underperform.
Xpat Success teaches expats how to recognize those misunderstandings and how to employ the right working and communication styles to perform effectively.
We invite you to complete our current survey on “The State of Japanese Expats”. Participants will receive a report on the survey results, which will give you valuable benchmark data on your expat program.
A program that satisfies more than one student
J-Global Digital Learning
Are your staff allergic to global communication?
Are there any of your staff who are experiencing the above subjective symptoms?
This is not a problem resulting from a lack of language proficiency. Mindset is an important issue.
Your staff’s language skills are good, but he’s not confident that he can use them effectively because of his lack of cross-cultural skills.
By acquiring the cross-cultural skills necessary to make the most of your current language skills, you can increase your confidence in global communication and develop a positive awareness.
Xpat Success is a total solution for preparing Japanese expats to meet the challenges of their new roles.
Expat Success is a learning program designed to develop skills for smooth communication and efficient business management with local staff and customers from different cultures.
Who is it for?
Japanese managers, coordinators and specialists with long or short term overseas assignments or virtual expats filling expat roles from Japan.
Those completing the course will:
- Develop a positive growth mindset with effective strategies to learn overseas business situation and skills, working styles, and foreign languages.
- Understand cultural differences in working style and communication and how to bridge them, including dealing with job-hoppers and under-performing staff.
- Become comfortable communicating in English in typical overseas business situations using language they already know.
- Learn about overseas business situations, necessary skills, ways of working, and English phrases.
Language training courses focus on a wide range of goals to improve language skills, making it difficult to achieve a sense of accomplishment and, as a result, keeping students motivated.
Confidence backed by cross-cultural skills is essential to success in a global environment.
In the Global Communication Mindset
The focus is on building confidence that you can effectively communicate in English in a global environment, regardless of language level.
Feature 1: Anyone can participate regardless of their English proficiency level.
Feature 2: Deepen positive thinking and cross-cultural understanding with “20 rules of global communication”.
Feature 3: Microlearning Plus is our unique online method consisting of digital presentation, action learning and real time. You can study at your own pace, regardless of device, time, or location.
Feature 4: All lesson modules are conducted in Japanese and English. For example, by taking the Japanese version of the lesson and understanding the concept, and then taking the English version of the lesson, you will be able to take flexible lessons that suit you, such as efficiently advancing training to think in English. I will.
Project Xpat Success
Total support program for Expatriates
Introducing Project Xpat Success, a unique program that provides all the essential learning and support expats need to be successful in their new postings.
It is designed to prepare Japanese managers and specialists posted overseas to communicate clearly and work effectively with counterparts from different business cultures. This is a complete package of support including:
- Xpat Gym: The Xpat Success e-learning course
- Xpat Live: 2 online seminars for building mindset and applying learning
- Xpat Info Hub: Our exclusive Expat Information Center
- Xpat Group: An opportunity to network with expat peers for knowledge-sharing and support.
* Purchase Xpat Success e-Learning as a stand-alone course or the full Project Xpat Success Program package.
What people are saying about the Xpat Success – Training for expatriates program
I realized that Japanese common sense does not apply overseas and that each country has its own standards, which was very informative.
General Manager, Legal Affairs
From this program, I learned not only how to adapt to foreign cultures, but also the importance of explaining the advantages of the Japanese way of working to local staff.
I thought working abroad would be stressful, but this program has given me the tools to work efficiently, manage local staff, and motivate them.
Retail Manager, Housewares Specialty Store Chain
Voices of customers who have taken the Global Communication Mindset Program
“It gave me the courage to participate in a global project. I will do my best to study English so that I can use it in business. Thank you!”
Coordinator Global Food Wholesale Work
“The lecture was wonderful. Especially, I was encouraged by the words,” English is a language that can be wrong, “and I was able to overcome my weakness in communicating in English. “
Admin Coordinator Technology Industry Company
You can expect a high learning effect by improving your learning motivation with your own learning method.
- A 2.5-hour online program, Japanese version
- 6 skill sets with a total of 15 lessons (micro-learning)
- Learning method includes videos, quizzes, advice, and “virtual coach”
- Learn anytime, anywhere, on any device
- Tested in over 300 Japanese companies
Globalizing Japanese Organizations
2. What confuses non-Japanese employees (Part 1/2)
3. What confuses non-Japanese employees (Part 2/2)
Intercultural Business Frameworks 1
4. International Communication
5. Framework 1: Mindset
6. Framework 2: Communication
7. Framework 3: Organisation
Intercultural Business Frameworks 2
8. Framework 4: Formality
9. Framework 5: Discussion
10. Framework 6: Time Sense
11. Framework 7: Change
Intercultural Business Frameworks 3
12. Framework 8: Decision-Making
13. Framework 9: Direction
14. Framework 10: Trust
The J-Global Way
15. The J-Global Way